Güntner Air cooler Slim Compact
Air coolers are finned heat exchangers in which a working fluid heats up with heat absorption from the environment to be cooled, without changing the aggregate state. The units serve as components of a system, e.g. for conditioning the room air or cooling goods.
Evaporators are finned heat exchangers serving as components of a refrigeration system, in which liquid refrigerant evaporates with heat absorption from the environment to be cooled. The units are used e.g. in deep-freeze applications in food storage.
- max. operating pressure up to 80 bar (only CX-units)
- Ceiling mounting with slottedhole for easy installation
- Quick and easy to clean
- Short delivery times
- Easy to install
Easy to install
- Ceiling mounting brackets with slotted hole for easy installation
- Easy-to-remove side cover
- Fans wired on connection socket
- Empty tube for defrost sensor
- Schrader valve on outlet
Inspection and Cleaning
- Corrosion-resistant aluminium alloy AlMg
- Powder coating in RAL 9003
- Inner and outer trays hinged
- Outer tray is thermally decoupled to prevent water condensation
HACCP Hygiene Certificate
- Especially suitable for processing rooms in foodstuffs industry
- All materials used approved for foodstuffs
- Easy to clean
- Maximum operating pressure up to 80 bar (only CX-units)
- Staggered tube pattern
- Special copper tubes for coolant, HFC and CO2
- Surface-corrugated aluminium fins for high heat transfer
- Corrosion-resistant aluminium alloy AlMg
- Powder-coated with RAL 9003
- Stainless steel ceiling mounting
- Separate drip plate
- Thermally-decoupled tray (condensation free)
- EC fans for high energy efficiency
- 2 fan types for different sound levels
- Standard with two speeds
- Internal motor protection with thermocontacts
- Can be used with 230 V, 1~, 50 – 60 Hz
- Cable push-in connector simplifies fan replacement
Product Type / Refrigerant / Capacity
A wealth of Güntner’s expertise has gone into China’s first transcritical CO2 plant, which provides reliable refrigeration for Metro’s new Cash & Carry market in Beijing Li Shui Qiao. Peak summertime temperatures that almost reach the 40 °C/104 °F mark are the reason for using this efficient technology. An effective gas cooler solution by Güntner has been installed: A flatbed gas cooler in dry cooling mode combined with a V-SHAPE gas cooler in optional adiabatic cooling mode for summer. Thanks to the adiabatic system, the temperature of the air entering the coil is significantly lower. Hence, the CO2 outlet temperature can be much lower, improving the system’s COP by an average of 25 % during the summer months and by even up to 50 % at extreme ambient conditions with a dry bulb temperature of 40 °C/104 °F and a relative humidity of 35 %.
- Epoxy-resin coated fins
- Electric defrost heater for coil and tray
- EC-Fans (Ø 315 mm)
- Expansion valve incl. installation (only RX-units)
- Coil Defender - Alternative corrosion protection
- Threaded connections (fluid pump only)
Which benefits do you as a customer have?
Güntner has the high standard of producing high-quality, application-oriented heat exchangers and remaining both fair and transparent. That is why we participate in a corresponding programme from Eurovent. The goal of the Eurovent Certification Company is to promote fair competition and to guarantee the customers that the units on the market are inspected under the same conditions and that they are therefore easier to compare. The manufacturers’ specifications are examined by independent laboratories for this purpose. To do this, units from the respective manufacturer are selected randomly.
The HE Programme (Heat Exchangers for Refrigeration) for heat exchangers of the refrigeration and air conditioning industry has existed since 2001. Güntner has participated successfully without interruptions since the implementation of the programme; all of the series included in the programme are certified without exception – and have been since the very beginning!
The Eurovent certification of the HE Programme includes DX evaporators and condensers that are designed for R-404A, R-134a, R-507A, R-407A, R-407C, R-407F, R-448A, R-449A, R-450A, R-452A and R-513A, and air coolers with coolants.
A certification for CO2 condensers and gas coolers respectively, and for CO2 DX evaporators as an individual group of units is scheduled in the foreseeable future. The Eurovent certification programme has not been designated yet for NH3 evaporators and condensers as well as 60 Hz units and centrifugal fan units.
Operating certified units provides you with significant advantages that are worth real money:
- The classification of units into energy efficiency classes is an important characteristic of the certification providing you with information on the energy consumption you can expect from the selected unit. This means the operating costs can clearly be identified.
- The independently measured, inspected specifications give you certainty when it comes to designing the units. You can design precisely to the operating point; safety margins are not required.
- Units are easier to compare with each other thanks to certified specifications. This results in fair competition under realistic conditions.
- The certify-all principle guarantees that manufacturers cannot distinguish themselves through individual “top-seller” units: Complete product groups are certified, hence there are no loopholes for individual units. According to the certify-all principle, actually all the certifiable product groups of a manufacturer must be tested, hence it is not possible to have, for example, only condensers certified while excluding evaporators, air coolers and gas coolers from testing.
- The confirmed and therefore reliable technical data increase the investment security and guarantees planning security and operational reliability with regard to performance and energy efficiency of the entire system. The operating costs can clearly be calculated right from the beginning.
- Certified units save real money: “We recommend that every operator calculates the energy consumption for a current or future construction project because of a hypothetically insufficient capacity. A few years ago, non-certified units showed insufficient capacities of up to 35 % in a serial examination. Thus, you can realistically expect a reduced output of 15 – 20 % for calculation. In comparison, there is a clearly better payback period for the certified unit, usually clearly under 2 years”, according to Peter Roth, Eurovent officer at Güntner.
- The certification applies to all standard units. Through its modular variability, the new Güntner product structure includes an even wider range of certified units.